HAMEL (Heartland Newsfeed) — In a press release made available Monday, the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) announced that work will begin next week along Illinois Route 157 at Silver Creek near Hamel in IDOT’s District 8.
Weather permitting, work is set to begin next Wednesday, May 1, which will result in the closure of both lanes in this area, as crews work to reconstruct a box culvert.
Detours will be posted. Northbound and southbound traffic which would regularly take Illinois 157 should take the following route:
- Northbound traffic on 157 can use Illinois 143 East to Interstate 55 North. Take I-55 to Illinois 140 West. Take Illinois 140 to return to northbound Illinois 157.
- Southbound traffic on 157 can take the above directions in reverse: Illinois 140 to I-55 South, I-55 to Illinois 143 West, follow Illinois 143 to detour returning you to Illinois 157 South.
Drivers are advised to pay close attention to construction signs in work zones, obey posted work zone speed limits, avoid using mobile devices and be aware of workers and equipment.
Construction work will be performed on this site by Baxmeyer Construction of Waterloo.
Additional information on area construction details can be found via IDOT’s travel information map website Getting Around Illinois.
more recommended stories
- House committee acts on anti-robocall bill
SPRINGFIELD/WASHINGTON (Illinois News Connection) — Those.
- Starbucks ceasing newspaper sales beginning in September
SEATTLE (UPI) — Coffee brewing giant.
- CONFIRMED: IRS trains staff on finding cryptocurrency wallets
WASHINGTON (CoinDesk) — The U.S. Internal.
- Illinois mulling options to Asian carp issue in Lake Decatur
DECATUR (AP) — The Illinois Department of.