SPRINGFIELD (Heartland Newsfeed) — The Illinois State Fair announced their first rock music acts for the 2018 incarnation at the Illinois State Fairgrounds Tuesday, as Halestorm and Mastodon have been confirmed as performing acts. Both bands will be co-headliners on Saturday, Aug. 11.
Halestorm — based out of Red Lion, Pennsylvania — is considered as one of the most iconic groups in modern rock. Originally formed in 1997 with their first record contract signed in 2005, the group released their self-titled album Halestorm in 2009 with subsequent albums The Strange Case Of… and Into The Wild Life released in 2012 and 2015 respectively. The group won a Grammy Award for their single “Love Bites (So Do I)”, which won in the Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance category. Their 2015 album debuted in the top five on the SoundScan/Billboard 200 upon release and topped Billboard’s Top Hard Rock Album list at #1. Two of their tracks, “Apocalyptic” and “Amen” have both risen to the top of the rock radio charts.
The group has sold over 1.6 million albums worldwide and is working on their highly-anticipated fourth studio album, despite their long and grueling tours of roughly 250 shows a year worldwide.
The Atlanta, Georgia-based Mastodon has been taking the world by storm since their founding in 2000. The group released their seventh studio album Emperor of Sand and second EP Cold Dark Place last year, with the album featuring hits as “Sultan’s Curse” and “Show Yourself”.
Their music has been featured in The Big Short and Monsters University, with three members making appearances on HBO’s Game of Thrones during season five.
The group won a Grammy Award earlier this year for Best Metal Performance for “Sultan’s Curse.
An opening act will be announced at a later date.
Tickets will go on sale later this spring, but prices have been released for already announced shows:
- Saturday, August 11 — Halestorm/Mastodon: $28 (Tier 3) — $33 (Tier 2) — $38 (Tier 1/Track) — $48 (VIP)
- Saturday, August 18 — Brett Eldredge: $29 (Tier 3) — $34 (Tier 2) — $39 (Tier 1/Track) — $49 (VIP)
- Sunday, August 19 — Brantley Gilbert: $35 (Tier 3) — $40 (Tier 2) — $45 (Tier 1/Track) — $55 (VIP)
more recommended stories
- Judge: Illinois court running out of money due to shutdown
BENTON, Ill. (AP) — The chief.
- Police: One person killed at Chicago suburban mall, shooter at large
ORLAND PARK, Ill. (AP) — Authorities.
- Anthony traded to Bulls, release pending
HOUSTON/CHICAGO (UPI) — The Houston Rockets.
- Bailey fears state government won’t keep spending in check
SPRINGFIELD (Heartland Newsfeed) — Newly sworn-in.