- In Christian County court August 11, a charge of criminal trespass to vehicles that allegedly happened May 6 was granted nolle prosequi for Toby Myers, 39, of Nokomis. The motion was filed by the state’s attorney’s office. The case had been set for a September 8 court hearing.
- In Shelby County Court September 20, Tyler L. Engelhart, 22, of Nokomis was sentenced to 30 months to the Illinois Department of Corrections for felony theft of vehicles. He pled guilty as charged and was given credit for 55 days time served while incarcerated. The sentence will run concurrent with a Montgomery County felony conviction, also for theft. He was also ordered to make $3,000 restitution and pay the court $195 in costs. In the Shelby County case, a sheriff’s deputy was dispatched July 7 to Tower Hill to speak with the owner of a stolen four-wheeler. The complainant said it had been taken from his father’s barn by the father’s foster daughter and her friend. The foster daughter stated that Tyler Engelhart had taken her to Pana Community Hospital and dropped her off. Engelhart had taken the ATV to Witt, but that he was going to bring it back. The next day, July 8, the deputy spoke with a Nokomis Police Department officer in regard to the theft. The officer had placed Engelhart under arrest for stealing a pickup truck. At that time, the defendant admitted to stealing the four-wheeler, driving it around Nokomis until the motor blew up, and then selling it for $50 to an unknown person. In the Montgomery County case, Engelhart committed theft amounting to $10,000 to $100,000 on June 26. He pled guilty to the charge August 18, and was sentenced to 3 1/2 years in prison, with 33 days credit for time served. He was assessed $463 costs.
- Nicholas Dooley, 40, of Nokomis failed to appear Monday, September 25 for a scheduled court hearing for retail theft. He is charged with stealing headphones July 25 at Walmart in Taylorville, valued less than $300. The complaint was filed on August 21.
- Kelsie Bass, 22, of Nokomis was charged September 8 with theft of less than $500 in cash. The incident stemmed from a July 28 incident at Whit’s End 48 in Taylorville. Court hearing is set for October 3.
- Betty L. Sullivan, 61, of Nokomis was cited for improper use of a cell phone at Illinois Route 29 and 2050 North Road in Buckhart Township by Christian County Sheriff’s Department on August 22. A pay or appear noted was issued September 19 with a date set for October 11.
- Shyanna Davis, 20, of Irving was cited for speeding 80 in a 55 MPH zone on U.S. Route 51 in Assumption by Christian County Sheriff’s Department on August 21. Davis plead guilty September 21 and was assessed a $140 fine and court costs.
- Casey Carpenter, 23, of Nokomis was cited for speeding 58 in a 35 MPH zone at Illinois Route 48 and SE Sixth St. by Morrisonville Police Department on August 17. Carpenter filed an electronic guilty judgment on September 20 and was assessed a $140 fine and court costs.
- Raymond Michael Emerson, 29, of Nokomis was cited for speeding 80 in a 55 MPH zone by Christian County Sheriff’s Department on September 16.
- Brian Anderson, 45, of Nokomis was cited for driving on a suspended license by Pana Police Department on September 20.
more recommended stories
- Former Walmart property in Pana put on real estate market
PANA (Heartland Newsfeed) — Since the.
- 31-foot Lincoln statue to make Springfield debut this week
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — A 31-foot tall.
- Robert Smith pledges $40 million to clear debt for Morehouse College graduates
ATLANTA (UPI) — Billionaire tech investor.
- The incredible edibles of Belgium
Whenever I think of Belgium, I.